Wednesday, July 10, 2024

How I recreated the beach at home

Our family just returned from a week at the beach in NC. Besides a little sunburn, a lot of sand, and great memories, I came back with a few beach sunset photos.      I decided I wanted to try to recreate these beachy sunsets in fabric. I went for an abstract look - I wasn't trying to recreate the exact photos, but more the color scheme with clear sky, water and beach sections. Here's what I came up with - a pastel version and a bold version.

These were so fun to make - the part that took me the longest was picking out the fabric! If you want to make your own, I'll be sharing a live tutorial on Thermoweb's Craft Room Facebook page Thursday, July 11 at 7:30 pm CDT. You'll need to join the page to see, so pop over there early and get set!



Hope to see you there!






No comments:

Post a Comment